Annual Gen Ryan Memorial Barbecue – July 22, 2017
Please join us for the Annual Gen Ryan Memorial Barbecue on Saturday, July 22, 2017 from noon until 3 PM at Smokey Glen Farm in Gaithersburg. Click HERE to get more information about the BBQ.
If you’d like to support the BBQ by making a tribute gift in honor of a parent, grandparent, stepparent, or special person in your life, your honoree will be acknowledged at the BBQ. Click HERE to donate! Please enter in the “Comments” box the name of your donation’s honoree, and his/her address if you would like us to send an acknowledgment of your tribute. You may also mail a check to Potomac Community Resources, Inc. at 9200 Kentsdale Drive, Potomac, MD 20854, and include a note with your honoree’s information, or print out and complete the Barbecue Response Form attached HERE.
Click HERE to watch a video featuring footage from PCR’s Tricia Sullivan Respite Program and the Annual Gen Ryan Memorial Barbecue. It’s called “Out of the Shadows: Disabilities and the Church.”
RECENT ARTICLES ABOUT PCR
- Special Report “How Dioceses and Catholic Charities Accommodate and Serve People with Disabilities–CARA Nationwide Survey
- (Winter 2017). Click HERE.
- Special Report “Disabilities in Parishes Across the US: How Parishes in the US Accommodate and Serve People with Disabilities”
- CARA Nationwide Survey (Summer 2016). Click HERE.
- “Special Needs Are Accommodated at U.S. Parishes” (12/16/16, National Catholic Register). Click HERE.
- Article from Avenel Living (11/1/16). Click HERE.
- “Creating an Inclusive Community” (8/31/16, Potomac Almanac). Click HERE.
- “Out of the Shadows–Making room in your parish for people with disabilities” (8/15/16, America magazine). Click HERE.
For more articles about PCR, click HERE.
Upcoming Events in the Community
(Click on individual event for more information).
Saturday, July 8th, 6 PM, Haven Universe Baseball Game Evening: Frederick Keys vs. Myrtle Beach at Frederick Keys Stadium.
Saturday, July 22nd, 9:30AM-12:00PM, Ivymount Outreach Family Fun Fest at Ivymount School. Click HERE for more information.
Ivymount’s Fall 2017 Unstuck & On Target! Session: A family-focused social intervention program. Classes will be held every Saturday for 12 weeks from September 16-December 16. Click HERE for more information.
Please note: These are not PCR events. Contact sponsoring organization directly if you’d like more information or to RSVP.