Potomac Community Resources, Inc. (PCR) promotes the full inclusion into community life of teens and adults with developmental differences by providing over 35 therapeutic, recreational, social, educational, and respite care programs.
PCR’s dynamic, innovative programs are designed to encourage our members’ personal growth, friendships, and healthy lifestyles, and to provide support to their family members and caregivers.
Programs include music, fitness and movement, respite care for individuals with significant and moderate care needs, discussion groups for men and women, communication skills, basketball, art, a social club, photography, information sessions for parents of transitioning youth, and many special events throughout the year. (Please see PCR Programs below.)
PCR also assists other faith and community groups to create new programs for persons with developmental differences. This work has resulted in the start-up of Upcounty Community Resources, Inc. in the Darnestown/Gaithersburg area (ucresources.org); Brookland Community Resources, Inc. in Northeast Washington, DC (brooklandcr.org); Southern Maryland Community Resources, Inc. serving St. Mary’s, Calvert, and Charles counties (somdcr.org); Prince George’s Community Resources; and Comunidad de Recursos Hispanos (cdrh.org), serving individuals with developmental differences whose first language is Spanish. PCR also collaborates with the special needs ministry at The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament Parish in Chevy Chase.
PCR is also developing and building a house that will be home to three women with intellectual/developmental differences on land being made available by Our Lady of Mercy Parish and the Archdiocese of Washington.
- Tricia Sullivan Respite Care I & II
- Communication Counts (speech & communication skills)
- Men’s Discussion Groups
- Women’s Discussion Group
- NoteAbles (music therapy & enjoyment)
- Movin’ Along (exercise and movement)
- Rhythmic Movement (wheelchair dance)
- M&T Bank Basketball
- A.C.E (Aerobic & Core Exercise)
- Wednesday Art
- Phabulous Photographers
- Studio 3F (monthly social club)
- Special Events: Beach Party, Inclusive Earth Day, Gen Ryan Memorial Barbecue, Halloween Party, Holiday Party, Garden Club (seasonal craft activities), Transition Times (monthly informational group for families and professionals of transitioning youth)
- Graduate Transition Program at Montgomery College
- Patricia Sullivan Benefit Dinner
Programs meet at locations throughout Montgomery County.
PCR is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, EIN 52-2286949.