Read the information below to find out who we are. Potomac Community Resources, Inc. (PCR) is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes the inclusion of persons with developmental differences into the life of our community. Founded in 1994 by a small group of families at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Parish, PCR today serves hundreds of individuals and families in our region.
PCR is the proud recipient of the following awards:
- Maryland Respite Care Coalition’s Outstanding Respite Care Provider Organization Award
- The Arc of Montgomery County’s Community Service Award
- Catalogue for Philanthropy recognition as “among the best smaller charities in Washington.”
- County Executive of Montgomery County’s Certificate of Recognition and Appreciation
- Maryland Recreation and Parks Association’s Innovative Program Award
We are grateful to those who provided our start-up funding, Marriott Foundation, Montgomery County Health and Human Services, and Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Parish.